Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Starting Again

NY Marathon - 42

Almost two weeks ago Oliver slept through the night. That day I started working out again. It's been a long long time. I used to go in spurts, then one summer I got serious and started running and/or biking almost everyday. My goal was to run in a marathon or a triathlon. Unfortunately that year I was attacked while riding my bike on a local trail and I stopped almost completely for quite a while. (A post for another day.) By the time I decided to get back on the horse, I was pregnant with Henry and feeling awful. Then I had a newborn to take care of, then pregnant again...etc. The closest thing I've had to consistent workouts in the last few years has been walking with a friend daily to a coffee shop a mile away.

I'm excited to be back in the game and breaking a sweat for reasons other than carrying around a bowling ball in my belly. (Which is wonderful too, but I'm glad they are both on the outside now.) The game plan for now includes various Turbo Jam workouts during afternoon naps and some quick runs here and there until life becomes more consistent. (Will it ever?)

To new beginnings!

Image from: http://www.lululemon.com/

3 Lovely Words:

Julie said...

Good for you!! Wish I could run with you:)

Kristina said...

*sigh* I'm still waiting on Adelaide to sleep through the night. She's a couple weeks older than your's and still wakes up every 3-4 hours most nights.

Tammy said...

Kristina, that's what he normally does too. It just gave me hope for more consistency. I wish it was every night though!

Post a Comment

Comments are lovely, thank you!